Friday, July 27, 2012

20 in 20

Today I am taking part in my first link-up bash, brought to you by Living in Yellow.
Living in Yellow is probably the coolest/funniest blog I have ever come across in my short time in this crazy blogging world. But with 2200+ followers, I must not be the only one loving Erin's blog.
Erin recently created a link-up where bloggers create a post with a number of goals matching up to their age. Hers was 26 in 26.
To join the blogging fun, I will share with you 20 goals for my 20th year.
Kapish?

  1. Be consistent with my blog posts and never make it a stressful place--
    While I may talk a lot about stress in my life,
    I try to keep my blog a positive corner of the world.

  2. Devise a written bucket list.
    While I have a random bucket list on Pinterest,
    I’d like to make one that I can sit back, in my old age someday, and say
    Oh yeah! I did accomplish what I set-out to do and had some fun along the way.”…
    Followed by patting myself on the back,
    but hopefully not breaking my back in  the process.


  3. KNOW the material in my classes like the back of my hands
    I am entering my junior year of dietetics, which means it is time to get down to business.
    No more of that cramming for chemistry and biology tests shenanigans.
    I will finally be in my root classes.
    I want to go above and beyond with learning the material this year
    to be a dietician my clients can trust.
    My first book purchase of the semester.
    More exciting than Organic Chemistry, I'd say.
  4. Donate to the church offering plate each week
    If I have money to spend on superficial things for myself,
    I have money to donate to great causes
  5. Learn how to take better pictures with the camera I have
    I have been dying to get a good quality Nikon Camera lately, but I have decided that I really need to work with what I have.
    I currenly have a four-year old Kodak camera.(A Black Friday Special, as I recall.)
    Very basic.
    But if I put some time into learning about the settings,
    I think I can take better quality pictures.
    Any advice for me?
  6. Have a girl’s weekend with my mom and her sister, aka my aunt
    When I was a junior in high school, I skipped out on my junior prom (okay okay I didn’t have a date) and spent the weekend with my mom and aunt in Minnesota.
    We had makeovers done, pedicures, watched movies and ate delicious food.
    We always said we were going to make it a tradition.
    Well, that never happened.
    I say now is the time to start it back up.
    (Ya hear me, mom and Carol?)
    This picture from back in '09 just cracks me up!
    What a bunch of goofs :)
  7. Plan a {almost} flawless Health and Nutrition Conference
    Last school year, I served as the first undergraduate Student Coordinator for
    the Health and Nutrition Conference at South Dakota State University.
    For my first year, I never felt as if I knew what I was doing.
    With a year under my belt, I am ready to take it to the next level.
    I want all attendees to have a great/fun experience.

  8.  Run a 10k
    I think I have the 5k department down...





    Now I am ready to move up to a 10k.
    I ran varsity cross country in high school, but we only ran 4k’s, so I love being able to train on my own and achieve even higher goals that I set for myself, not goals my coach thinks I should reach.
  9. Have a getaway weekend with my girls/roomies
    I shall be checking this off my list next weekend.
    Can you say boat bonding time with the roomies?
    My roomies and I--circa 2010
    aka Freshman year
  10. Organize all of the picture files on my laptop
    When it comes to organization, I am a bit on the edge of OCD-land.
    This entire summer, my mess of picture files on my computer has been driving me insane—
    yet I have done nothing about it.
  11. Get more zzz’s on a regular basis
    I made this my goal this past week, but really, it should be more of a routine.
    I need to make it happen.
  12. Babysit
    I haven’t babysat since the ripe ages of middle school—
    I can’t wait to babysit my cousin’s first little munchkin when he/she arrives in November. Consider me hired!
  13. Plan a Breakfast Brunch for my 21st birthday
    I have always wanted breakfast in bed for my birthday--
    it has just never happened.
    So this year, I am taking matters into my own hands with a brunch with the girls
    My birthday is 5-months away,
    but I already have the details mentally planned out.
    I’m really not as ashamed as I should be
    {Thank you pinterest!!}
  14. Get along with my brother
    Wait! How old am I?
    Why yes, my 24-year brother and I still fight like we are 12.
    My perfectionistic tendencies have a difficult time sharing a bathroom with a slob.
    (Sorry I couldn’t think of a nicer synonym for slob.)
    BUT I just may need to take a few deep breaths and say the serenity prayer
    {a couple dozen times}
    and make an effort.
    If you are reading this, brother, I shall try to make an effort.
    Emphasis on the try.


  15. Attend an epic concert
    August  10, 2012.
    Minneapolis, MN.
    COLDPLAY.
    I am NOT kidding when I say, this has been #1 on my mental bucket list FOR AGES.
    And guess what!
    I will be there with some of my best friends!
    Every teardrop will be a waterfall that night, my friends, every teardrop.
    Tears of joy, of course

  16. Be a good role model
    When I was growing up, I was completely intimidated by all of my older male cousins.
    So my one female cousin (at the time), Jenny, was always such an inspiration to me.
    I want to be that same fun role model to my younger cousin and other young girls.


  17. Attract 125 followers to my blog.
    I have 14 fantastic followers right now.
    Can we make it happen?
    Let's start with my August follower challenge,
    shall we?

    While we are on the topic of followers:  
  18. Get Erin from Living in Yellow to follow my blog
    If any of you read Living in Yellow, you will know that she is obsessed with Giuliana Rancic and her posts are huh-lair-ious.
    Well, Erin is like my Giuliana Rancic.
    This girl is such a celeb in the blogging world.
    I think I would run around my house screaming if Erin followed me back.
  19. Become a better reader.
    I read nonstop when I was growing up.
    There is something about reading boring textbooks that has made me a terrible reader lately.
    I want to make time to read for enjoyment this year.

    Last but not least.  
  20. Make more time for myself With several jobs, extracurricular activities, family, friends, school…I need to make time for myself
    mostly for sanity purposes.
What do YOU want to accomplish in this year of your life?
I'd love to hear your aspirations {or just plain funny goals} in the comments below.
 
Remember, you can only be this age ONCE!


5 comments:

  1. I love this list! I should really add #4, #11, and #16 to my list as well! & yeah, isn't Erin the best?! She was actually my VERY first follower...I nearly died. I'm jealous of all your 5ks...I need to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin would be such a fun friend!! Her life just makes me laugh!
      I am SUPER jealous that she follows you!
      And as for running, I just love it! I haven't even competed this summer, but hopefully I will by the end of August again.

      Delete
  2. I definitely just wrote my own bucket list... it's so much fun! I just followed you:) One closer to 125!

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! I always have ideas floating through my head for a bucket list, but have never actually written them down in one place.

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up--you are so sweet! I loved your list and definitely could steal some of your items to use on mine :)

    Cant wait to follow along and get to know you better!

    Keep on bloggin girlfriend, you are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)