Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching those darn zzz's


See those zzz's up there?
Well those little guys and I have not been seeing a lot of each other lately.
In fact, they are slippery little devils, and I can't seem to catch them no matter how hard I try.
And by "zzz's," I mean sleep.
Here is the ironic part of this little predicament:
I received a scholarship this past spring to work on my original research over the course of the summer, funded by South Dakota State University.
My research question?
"Is sleep duration associated with the body mass index of rural fifth and sixth grade students in SD, and does the KidQuest program improve sleep patterns?"

Yikes.
Here I go again. 
Not practicing what I will someday preach.
(Although I like to think that I will use more of a counseling method,
instead of a preaching method with my clients.
Just an FYI.)

So as a personal wellness/health goal to myself,
I am making it mandatory that my computer is off before 9pm
for the rest of the week.
In addition, I am not allowing myself to be in bed any later than 10:30pm.

Well, I am already breaking my first goal,
so I had better call it a night.

What are some of your goals in life right now?
I would love to hear from you!


2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I may join you with that bed time and electronic rule! I need some more zzzs myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only on day 3 of trying to follow this goal, but it is definitely hard to disconnect from electronics! But I think it will be worth it! :)

      XO

      Delete

I love your kind words :)