Monday, July 9, 2012

A Date with Disney

I can't remember the last time I watched a Disney movie. Oh wait. That was last night. That's right. while you hooligans were out drooling at Magic Mike over the weekend, I was at Brave with my mom and aunt. Eat your heart out, ladies. 

I must admit, the movie did bring some warmth to my heart. At first I didn't know if I would be able to see past the obnoxious accents of the characters, but soon I became wrapped up in the plot of the movie. You heard me right: Wrapped up in the plot of a Disney movie. When I first arrived at the movie, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I hadn't even seen a single preview for the flick. With the exception of last night, I honestly haven't been to an animated movie in years. I guess I kind of forgot how much I enjoy them. (The cuteness is what gets me. I blame the cuteness.)

Now I don't want to get into too much detail, because I really think you all should get yourself a ticket and see it--preferably in more comfortable seats than the ones my small town theater consists of--but I will tell you why I enjoyed the movie.

a.) The plot did not revolve around a prince and a princess...well, not in the stereotypical Disney/fairytale fashion. The princess was much too rebellious for that--bless her cute little red-headed heart.
b.) The plot did focus on family and tying the severed bonds between a mother and daughter--which in the end, brought the entire family together. <Insert heartwarming tears here>

c.) In the end, all Merida needed was her family. and her horse. and her bow. Do you see the words man, significant other, beau, soulmate, hunky boy in that list??? Didn't think so.

Aaaaamen, Brave!

On another note, I did spend some time with my own family over the weekend, so I will leave you with my grandma's 2012 Christmas card snapshot.
Merry Christmas...in 5+ months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)