Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fresh Paint. Fresh Start.

There is something about the beginning of a new school year that makes me giddy with excitement. Maybe it's the fresh boxes of crayons lining the aisles of Target or the new outfits you are entitled to purchase, but whatever it is, it brings out my inner child--and I love it! It's only July and I'm already excited just thinking about it. Remember in You've Got Mail when Joe Fox tells Kathleen Kelly that he "would send [her] a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if [he] knew [her] name and address" ? That's the best way I can describe how I feel about fall and a new school year. So I wouldn't be surprised if I were you if a bouquet of sharpened pencils and a boutonniere of crayons appears at your doorstep in the near future. And don't even get me started on the movie You've Got Mail. Really don't! I can quote the entire movie. Once in 7th grade I watched the movie three times in a row. I guess you could say I enjoy it just a smidge.

With this new semester, comes new classes, routines, and for me, new roommates and a college house. When I first saw my bedroom in the new house, I had a hard time picturing myself feeling at home and relaxed. Just look at the color of these walls. Butterscotch nasty is what I have named the color. The picture hardly shows just how gross this room was when I arrived yesterday. But after living in the confined walls of jail the dorms for the past two years, I am beyond ready for a change...even if it means tackling this bedroom.
 
Luckily, I did not have to face this disaster alone. My mom and Aunt Carol were right by my side. Our mission? With paint brushes in hand, make my ugly butterscotch nasty walls divine. It was a lofty goal, but I had good helpers. (I say helpers as if I were in charge. I mostly stood back while my slaves family worked wonders on my room.) Although I did get a snapshot of me working, just to prove that I am capable.

We also vacuumed my bedroom and the living room. I don't even want to talk about how disgusting this is....
 It was empty when we started


And after hours of painting and vacuuming, the reveal:

I must say, I am delighted with the results!

As if I'm not excited enough about a fresh start, I'm even more thrilled that I get to decorate this beauty. I will be sure to keep you posted on this nail-biting endeavor. 

I promise, you won't be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)