Monday, July 16, 2012

The {Opposite} of Bridezilla

How does one begin to define a "Bridezilla?" Well to start off, I can think of plenty of examples of the term on television shows such as Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings. (Yet I love the shows to pieces, regardless.) Well to make things easier, Dictionary.com has defined it for me. Honestly, I was kind of surprised to find results when I typed in "Define: bridezilla."Here is what i found:
Main Entry: bridezilla
Part of Speech: n.
Definition: a bride-to-be who focuses so much on the event that she becomes difficult and obnoxious
Etymology: 1995; blend of bride + God zilla
Usage: slang
Now if only there were an antonym for bridezilla, because Kacie is the EXACT opposite.
Not even an ounce of my friend acts self-centered. Nada, zilch, zero. Now that I think of it, I can't even think of a time where she has sat and droned on and on about herself or the wedding, for that matter. (That's probably because I talk too much about myself in our conversations. Yes, I will be the self-centered bride someday. Difficult, and obnoxious. Definitely obnoxious. Friends and family: you just received your warning.

The Bride-to-be
Kacie really is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met and I am so blessed to have her as one of my closest friends. We met during our freshman year of college on a Mission Trip to Los Angeles. Not only was the trip an incredible experience, but it allowed Kacie and I to become closer through our faith. I've heard before that the best friends you will ever have are those who you are able to connect to on a faith-based level. I certainly agree. Since then, Kacie and I have faced Organic Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology and a second Mission Trip to Denver together. (And I just have to brag about my friend one more time, because I know she is too humble to do it herself: This girl achieved over 100% on our Anatomy tests, and Anatomy class is no joke at SDSU. Smartie!) Even though she will be happily married in a week's time, or studying days in the past, I am so excited to see what else she will accomplish throughout this new chapter in her life.
To best describe our Bachelorette Party evening, I have provided some lovely photos. (I am sad with the quality of the pictures. Does anybody have good camera suggestions for me? It is on my summer splurge list as we speak.)
We spent the evening at Kacie's fiance's summer home at the lake. Miss Kacie is in the center and our friend Sarah is on the right. (Sarah and I went to high school together and she is the one who introduced Kacie and I.) All three of we health professional students suffered through 7am Physiology together. I wouldn't have survived sophomore year without these lovelies!
This was my first Bachelorette Party...I'm growing up. Try to contain your tears. But I think I have decided I LOVE the occasion. There were pedicure stations, mini-massages, and irresistable Pinterest food creations. Did I mention I love Bachelor Parties?  I love them.

This will be the only time I ever show my feet here.
Well, unless I attend another Spa themed Bachelorette Party--
in which case, you may just have to deal with it.

After we received the Royal Spa treatment, we gathered inside for more food and Bachelorette Games and presents. Kacie was such a trooper. For presents, the guests were asked to bring a gift that was symbolic of our relationship and then Kacie had to match each person's gift to the giver.
Here were my gifts!
-The toilet brush is an inside joke from our Denver Mission Trip. Sorry. You just had to be there.
-Cosmo. What would a Bachelorette Party be without making my friend blush a little?
-Finally, a necklace with the word "Faith." Our relationship was "founded" through faith, after all.




 Next, Kacie was in the hot seat for an interview game. Her Maid-of-Honor, Melissa (aka her fiance, Nick's sister) asked Nick questions beforehand. Kacie had to answer as he would, or she was forced to chew more Bubble Tape. She knew her future-husband too well for us!

The Toilet Paper Wedding gown contest was next:
My group had some tough competition!

Yeah. I think we may have lost this challenge.
 The rest of the night we ate some more and chatted about the week ahead.
The cookies are shaped like WHAT?!?
I had to crop this picture. But you get the gist.
If these three beauties were any more gorgeous,
I think I may throw up!--I mean
that in the best way possible.

 Eventually, I had to venture back to the interstate for my drive home. I had to work the following morning. I must admit, I did tear-up a bit during the drive. The selfish side of me wanted Kacie to stay in my classes at SDSU this coming year, but the "good friend" side of me was shedding tears of excitement for this upcoming chapter of her life.



 July 21, 2012.
5:00 pm.
All eyes are on you, my dear!




































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)