Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Scrubs

Like most girls, I love getting dressed up. When I was in high school, I dressed up every single weekend--no, not to go out partying. I dressed up for debate tournaments. <insert nerd joke here> But now that I'm a high school veteran, those forced dress-up days are in the past and I am left with a closet full of outfits for formal occasions. So when do I have the opportunity to whip out these little numbers---church on Sundays! Who doesn't like getting into their Sunday Best?

Unfortunately, in order to pay for college, I work at a nursing home facility as a dietary aid--a glamorous job that I'm guaranteed to elaborate on in future postings. Now don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with old folks all day, but apparently nursing homes don't just shut down on Sunday mornings so Miss Amanda can attend a church service. Oh noooo, ma'am! There are dishes to be done.

So instead of wearing cute wedges and a sundress, I was in an entire different category of clothing known as: scrubs. The name itself does it no justice. Today I wore the floral top with lavendar bottoms. Nothing says Summer like that ensemble.

Now that you have an idea of my trend-setting work style, picture this: I decided to ride bike to work today in yes, my scrubs. To make-up for accentuate my attire I was taking a little longer than usual to apply makeup and fix my hair, which is tossed under a hairnet anyway. Since I was running a late, I had to take my breakfast on the road. This RD2be doesn't skip breakfast! Conveniently, the only disposable container I could find at home was a red Solo cup. And do you know how hard it is to eat oatmeal with a spoon while steering a bike?! Just try it.

So for your Sunday humorous pleasure:Me. Scrubs. Drinking oatmeal out of a red solo cup. Biking to a nursing home.

I think Toby Keith may need a remix to his tune..."Red solo cup, I fill you up....with yummy oatmeal???"

It's a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)