Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Up in the Gym just Workin on My Fitness...

 Remember that Fergie song called "Fergalicious?" Ya know, the one with the verse:
I'm Fergalicious
(So delicious)
My body stay vicious
I be up in the gym
Just workin' on my fitness
Yeah, that one. Well I hate it. Okay I don't hate it, but I really don't love it. It's just not really my genre. It certainly doesn't help that it has been stuck in my head for the past five days. And to make matters worse, it is only this particular verse running through my head. This is no new song either. We're talking circa 2006, people.

Why on earth is this song in my head after all of these years?

Oh yeah, I got a new gym membership. I swear, as soon as I set foot into the free weights room, the verse "I be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness..." runs through my head. Don't worry. I'm rolling my eyes at myself too.

But while we are on the topic of gym memberships, I must say I am in-love with my new gym. Have I mentioned I love fresh starts? Before, my family had always had a membership at a fitness center in town with weight rooms, fitness machines, racquetball courts, basketball courts, and a swimming pool. However, once both my brother and I went away for college, there really was no need for a family membership. Erik and I could work-out at the Wellness Center on campus, and mom and dad tend to walk outside or use the elliptical at our house. However, a new women's fitness center, Heart+Mind+Soul, opened up this past year in my hometown. So last week, mom--being the gem she is--signed the two of us up. I am headed back to school next month, so she was able to get a good deal for the two of us. 

Since then, I have been using the facility daily (with the exception of my busy Saturday.) It is so nice to have machines available that are more focused on results that women are seeking. I'm not one for intense weight-lifting, so the hydraulic machines are great for me. In the cardio room, there are treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and a rowing machine. I've always seen rowing machines at my university Wellness Center, but I've always been too embarrassed to try it out with intimidating men around. And that's another great thing about the new gym--no men.

Check it out for yourself!

Towels, storage, magazine area--"Beautiful" mirror to keep the lovely ladies of the gym goin'
You won't find that at your male-invaded gym..

Cardio room--I want to try the boxing out sometime.
Looks so fun!


Front of Cardio room
There were even fun mirrors in the stretching area--
I promise I worked-out, in addition to goofing off a little ;)
My area these past few days--
The mat with 3lb dumbells for
Jillian Micheals No More Trouble Zones.
Bring it, Jill!
A little motivation--Reminding me to get
serious and quit taking pictures!
Ahh well.
My least favorite part of the room.
Yuck.
My favorite parts of the room :)
Post Work-out glow?

Well, I'm off to bed.
But tomorrow you can catch me
"Up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness."
I'm Amanda-licious.
Okay.
Maybe that only works for Fergie.
hmm.



2 comments:

  1. You are very inspiring! I have to come back to the gym! :P

    Lau

    http://fallinlove.com.ar/?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It just takes time. Once you make it part of your daily routine, you will feel lost without it in your day!

      xo,
      Amanda

      Delete

I love your kind words :)