Monday, July 9, 2012

You've got mail

Yesterday, I got into more shenanigans on that bike of mine. (If you don't know what I'm referring to, see here.) One of my top five favorite things is receiving mail. If I had the money, I would do online shopping every day of the week simply for the fact that I would receive packages nonstop. My dad must be the same way, because I swear the man has a package from Cabela's on the front porch 5 out of the 7 days in a week. (And mail isn't even delivered on Sundays.) So as I was saying, mail=my favorite. Once in a blue moon, I have the funds to do a little online shopping, so that is exactly what I did about a week ago. I bought a textbook, a couple of novels and the cutest purse I have ever owned. With the 4th of July on a Wednesday (what kind of crazy person planned that ordeal?!?) my packages were delayed more than an impatient girl like me ever wants. So I have been waiting. And waiting. And waiting for what seems like a year for my anticipated packages to arrive. And guess what happens...I found this little guy in the mailbox.
You can't be serious? All of this waiting and I missed my package? Worst of all? It was a Saturday, so I had to wait until Monday to pick it up.

So now you are probably asking yourself where my bike comes into play in this beautiful little tale. Being as it was Monday and the sun was shining, I decided to make a little trip over to the post office on my bike. I also made a pit stop at the grocery store for some brownie mix for a new recipe. Normally when I shop at Forever 21, my package arrives in a padded envelope. But of course, not today. I received a battered and beat up box. (Aren't they suppose to handle my purse deliveries with the most tender, loving care they possess? I think it's in their handbook somewhere.)

THIS was my view the entire ride back to my house.
Now just imagine the view the rest of the town had of me.

So not only am I now known as the girl who bikes at 6am in scrubs, sipping oatmeal from a red Solo cup; but now, I am known as the girl with the battered box in her bike basket and a box of brownies in the other hand. I'm seriously developing a unique reputation around town.

But I assure you, it was oh so worth it. 

Just take a look at that beauty. She takes after my favorite Chanel bag of Lauren Conrad--but about $2000 cheaper. yes, that's 3-zeros. And yes, I just gave my purse a gender.


Looking like a fool was worth the excited look on this girl's face.
Oh yeah, and I also received my Sweet Little Lies book in the mail too. Unfortunately, this is the second book in the series and I haven't exactly read the first one yet. Apparently Amazon vendors don't consolidate with one another before they send me books in a series.

So here I am waiting, waiting, waiting, yet again, to hear the words "You've got mail!"


P.S. In the meantime, at least I will be riding bike to work in style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)