Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Rush



Can you believe it is August already?
I certainly cannot.
Seriously.
Where did my summer go?
Wasn't it just May last week?

August is such a bittersweet month for me...
and most college students for that matter.
It is the time of year where school supplies line the aisles of Target,
in place of cute summer BBQ must-haves.
It's also about time to trade in my flip-flops for tennis shoes.
Have you ever been to the South Dakota State University campus??
You walk EVERYWHERE!
And speaking of tennis shoes,
I am in love with my new Nike Free Run+2.
Look at the picture of my running shoes in my top logo.
Hole in the toes?
Ya think I needed an upgrade?

While it's sad to say goodbye to summertime,
I also look forward to a new semester
and getting back to seeing my friends on a regular basis.

However, I'm not quite ready yet.
I still have a lot to accomplish this month.
Just check out my August calendar.
FYI. St. Williams is the nursing home I work at.

You may not be able to read my chicken scratch,
but I am pretty excited about the next couple of weekends.
Tomorrow: Weekend in Iowa with the girls.
The next weekend: COLDPLAY!!
Let's not even talk about Coldplay yet.
I told my concert-mates that I would try to stay calm about the ordeal.
But...
OHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOSSHHHH!!!!
I CAN'T WAAAAIT!!!

Okay.
Glad I got that off my chest.

I plan on taking advantage of this last month of summer.
There will be plenty more days of this...

and walking this...
Look how pooped she is!
That tongue is proof of a good work-out

and also more lazy days, like this...
But hopefully not resulting in this...

Note to self: Do not add bubble bath to a foot bath.

Oh and I suppose I will have quite a few more work days like this...
Mint pants are the new thing, don't ya know?!?
Well maybe in cute denim.
Probably not in nursing home scrubs.

How are you all planning to spend your last precious month of summer?
I'd love to hear from you in the comment section below!

Well, I am off to finish packing for my weekend.






6 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda. Your blog is super cute. I became a follower. I hope you'll do the same! :)
    www.okskinnyjk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janeen! :) I am glad you stopped by!

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete
  2. So jealous you are going to see Coldplay! Loveee them :)

    My favorite song is paradise!
    Hope you had a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited!! I think I have been counting down since the day I purchased my tickets!

      I hope you had a great weekend as well, girl! :)

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete
  3. Hope you had fun in Iowa, I know I did!:) im so jealous you get to see Coldplay!!

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I had a great weekend, and I'm glad you had fun in Iowa too! I love the lakes in that cute state!

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete

I love your kind words :)