Monday, August 27, 2012

Dorm Rooms: We are NEVER ever getting back together

I am finally back at good ol' college.
I'm still working on getting settled in...
{I have about had it with a mirror in my bedroom--
it has fallen FIVE times on me..
I've only been here one day}

But even if I am a bit overwhelmed with the moving process
and school in general,
the best part is that I live off campus.
It's about darn time.
At South Dakota State University,
we are required to live in the dorms for the first two years.
Excuse me, "residence halls" is what we are officially
asked to call them.
To that I say,
dorm dorm dorm dorm DORMS!


While I am reminiscing about my first two years,
I thought I would give you all a taste of the size of rooms
I was forced to work with...







That was the first semester of my freshman year...
Next up, first semester of my sophomore year...


Sophomore year was arranged so that our layout seemed a bit more spacious...
Unfortunately, that didn't last long.
I was assigned a random roommate for the spring semester.
All I can say about that situation is TGIDLIDA.
That stands for: Thank God I Don't Live In Dorms Anymore.
{Say that ten times fast}

I even wrote a little tune for my former dorm rooms.
"We are never getting back together...
Like, ever"
You caught me!
Taylor Swift wrote  that.
Easy mistake.

I can't wait to show you all pictures of my new room.
I even have it all to myself.
Amen to that,
because sometimes a girl just needs her privacy.

Well, I am off to hit the hay.
And by hay, I mean I'm going to slide under the sheets of my new bed.


Ahh.
Home sweet home.






2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to have lived in a suite last year, and will be this year....much more spacious! Can't wait to see your new apartment!!

    Sarah
    Sweetnessoflaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh suites are SO much nicer! Can't wait to post pictures! :)

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete

I love your kind words :)