Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Finding Balance

Yesterday, started off like any typical day-off.
I ate breakfast, ran my usual four-miles, ate lunch...
Sometime after lunch and before supper was where I made one big mistake.
I decided to do some baking for my trip to the Twin Cities this weekend.
You see, the thing about baking is that I have to test everything I make...
several times.
Golden Oreo truffles?
Gotta make sure they are just right...Yum...Better check to see if this one is okay too.
Golden Oreo Blondie Bars?
Hmm...I've never made these before. I better check to see if they are suitable to serve to others.
Granola Sprinkle balls?
Ohh. These turned out cute! Don't mind if I do.

That, my friends, is how you end up with one nasty stomach ache.
Nothing like undoing your morning workout.
Goodbye future six-pack abs.
Once I finally stored the treats out of reach in the freezer,
I started to feel guilty of all of the fat and sugar I had consumed in such a short period of time.
So what did I do?
I decided to run five more miles.
Then after that?
Head to the gym for some circuit training with cardio between stations.

That, my friends, is a recipe for sore thighs and legs.
And to top it all off, I still had a tummy ache this morning.
The moral of the story?
Control yourself around the sweets,
just control yourself, Amanda.

So, to loosen-up some of the lactic acid built up in my legs,
today I ran a quick 2-miles
and then proceeded to pop-in my Balance Ball for Weight Loss DVD
that I mentioned in this post last week.
That was one of the few smart decisions I made in the past 24-hours.
So, I thought I would share a couple more of my favorite exercises from the video, again.

Teaser
Inhale--Arms float over head
Exhale--float/sweep arms around as you roll-up towards your toes.
Inhale--Arms float up.
Exhale-roll down with control.

Repeat several times.
Keep movements controlled and slow.
Focus on breathing.
Always keep your core tight.

Downward Dog
Roll over the ball slowly.
Bring your heels and hands flat on the floor.
Lengthen your legs and spine.
Take deep breaths.
Hold this position, while breathing, for several deep inhalations and exhalations.
To end the movement, bend your knees and slowly release onto the ball.

Breast Stroke
Start in the first position.
Inhale/exhale--lengthen your legs and arms into the second position.
Inhale/exhale--circle your arms and bend over the ball.

Repeat the motions several times.
Again, keep your core tight.

The rest of the week, I am striving for more balance in all aspects of my life--
work, exercise, eating, computer time, reading...
my excitement for the Coldplay Concert...

How are you finding balance in your life?




4 comments:

  1. Holy heck that is a lot of exercising! you look great! thanks for sharing that balance ball exercise! I am trying to look for exercises to work my core and that sounds great! Those baking goodies sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend this Balance Ball video! It is AMAZING! I love the fact that it is not too intense either, so I can feel more centered at the same time.

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete
  2. Goodness sakes girl I need you to come spend an afternoon at my house and make me all of those delicious goodies. And I'll eat them all for you so you don't have to eat any and feel guilty. Seriously, those sound amazing! I just found your blog and I've loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that sounds like a the perfect arrangements! I found all of the recipes thanks to other amazing blogs out there! :)
      Thanks for the follow!

      XO
      Amanda

      Delete

I love your kind words :)