Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Will Never Be Too Old for...

While college is a time of transition--
a time of growing and maturing--
it is also a reminder to enjoy the simple things in life
and not always take life too seriously.

While I may have outgrown some things...
like this Halloween bear costume...
I'm the chub-ster on the right
There are other things that I will never get too old for...

Here are just a few things that come to mind...

Crunching through the leaves on a crisp Fall day...


Splashing through the puddles after a pouring rain...

Spending the best of days with my mom...

Making a fool of myself...
(this one is not really by choice...
I just can't seem to avoid it)


Rough housing with my family...
My brother, Erik and cousin, Jonathan and I at Christmas

Anticipating an event with pure excitement...
(more excitement than socially acceptable, rather)


Feeling satisfaction when that event is crossed off my bucket list...

Feeling like a sophisticated "grown-up" when drinking anything from a wine glass...
Sparkling grapefruit juice anyone?

Taking advantage of free stuff...
(Catch me NOW over at Chasing Birdies for a Giveaway)



Feeling loved when people comment/read/follow my blog...
That's YOU, yes YOU!!
Whoever is reading this,
you truly make my day!

What are some things that you will never be too old for?
I would love to hear from you in the comments, Twitter,
or email (lambrechtsamanda@gmail.com)



1 comment:

  1. Growing up is overrated if it means that you can't get all giddy and excited about a slushie from the gas station--I definitely want to hold onto the 'childish' joy I find I small things for as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)