Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Transition from Summer Rays to Falling Leaves

Up here in good ol' South Dakota,
we finally had some cooler weather today--
the kind of weather that makes an Autumn lover,
like myself,
very anxious for the approaching season change.
I realize that we have only used a few days of
September thus far,
but I can't help but giddily anticipate the crisp, fall days to come.
Yes,
I must still face many hot September days,
but a girl needs to have something
to look forward to, right?

Tonight, as I sat with friends around a campfire at church,
it felt like the perfect transition from basking in the summer sun
to crunching through the falling leaves with a
Starbucks pumpkin spice latte in hand


and warm boots on feet.
boots boots boots boots boots boots boots boots boots

While procrastinating taking a break from writing my
Food Science lab report today,
I wandered over to Pinterest to find some Autumn inspiration.
I found this pin and it couldn't have summed up my excitement more...



I love summer as much as the next student,
but it just does not quite compare to Autumn,
in my humble opinion.

So bring on the cool weather,
oh and bring on a few extra paychecks for all of the new clothes
I am drooling over.
Speaking of drooling,
I should probably amp up my workout routine for all of the
fall foods and drinks I am actually drooling over.
Have I ever told you how much I love Thanksgiving?
Well I'm tellin' ya now!
That is the day I bring shame to my dietetics education.
Mmm.
I will be dreaming of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes,
and pumpkin pie tonight.
Sweet, sweet dreams.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad someone else likes autumn as much as me - although i always get a little sad as i dont like winter too much here in london and autumn inevitable leads to winter (state the obvious there!!!!)
    but i love having hot chocolate and mulled wine and wearing comfy boots and scarfs!!!!
    oh so nice!!x

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)