Thursday, November 29, 2012

Make that two...

When I first began blogging back in July,
I had no idea there was such things as little "blogging awards."
That was until a fellow blogger notified me with the news 
that she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.
(You can read more about that here)
However this time,
one of my new favorite bloggers, 
Ashlea over at Ashlea With An A
awarded me with the Liebster Award.
How sweet is she?!
Want to know a little known fact about Ashlea?
Well of course you do!
She and I have actually been matched up for a 
stocking stuffer exchange via Ohemgee with Natalie.
I cannot wait to get everything together for her stocking!

Anyway...
back to this fancy little award.
So not only have I won one blogging award,
but now I have two!
It seems that no award comes without a little work,
so I am going to do my best to meet the requirements,
which include posting 11 things about myself,
answering 11 questions asked by Ashlea,
asking 11 question for the bloggers that I nominate.
(The bloggers I nominate must have under 200 followers.)

So in the words of my Physiology professor at 7am,
Let's get staaaarted!

1. I am a huge dog lover...
in case you haven't noticed from some of my posts.
I am a bit obsessed with my dog, Maggie.
I also worked at a vet clinic in high school.
So I even got paid to play with puppies...
and clean up after them.

2.) I turn 21 in 21 days. 
That's right, 
December 20th.
Mark your calendars now, 
ladies and gentlemen.

3.) I was recently hired as the Nutrition Curriculum 
Development and Evaluation Intern at the Boys and Girls Club 
in collaboration with my university and Bel Brands.
(Say my internship title 10 times fast...
I dare you.)

4.) I kinda, sorta, maybe
ADORE
my roommates.

 5.) I enjoy cooking--
though I rarely find the time to make a decent meal.

6.) I am never fully awake unless I have had a cup of coffee
or worked out.
(I'm addicted to Starbucks Chai Lattes--skim, please!
And running is my go-to cardio.)
 
 7.) Sometimes I miss having long hair

My hair back in Fall 2011...
I chopped it off in February 2012...
Some days I regret that decision

8.) I love photography.
I hinted towards a nice camera from
"Santa" for Christmas.
So I am hoping to be able to have more fun experimenting
with photography in the future.

9.)I would love to do my Didactic Internship far, far from home.
This scares me a bit,
considering my university is only an hour from my hometown.
However,
I want to challenge myself with new environments and opportunities.

10.) I wish there were about 10 more hours a day.
My to-do list is much longer than 24-hours allows most days!!

11.) I am guilty of wearing black and brown together.
My roommates, Alyssa and Amanda would be
shaking their heads and saying,
"Tsk, Tsk, shame on you!"
if they were reading this.
However, I am still a little indecisive as whether this is breaking
the laws of fashion or if there are exceptions to this rule.
 What do you all think?

Now let's get to the questions asked by Ashlea:
1. What is one of your favorite child holiday traditions?
Decorating the Christmas tree. (I still love doing this!)

2. Whats your dream job?
I am a Dietetics student and my dream job would be to own my own business,
where I serve as both a personal trainer and dietitian--a life coach of sorts!
 
3. What would be the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery?
I would donate most of it to the Children's Miracle Network
and the Boys and Girls Club.
And while we're being honest,
I'd have myself a little shopping spree as well. ;)

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully pursuing my dream job that I mentioned above.
I am not currently dating,
however if I find "Mr. Right" within the next couple years,
I would like to settle down and at least think about marriage.
Let's face it,
I won't be young forever. 

5. Whats you favorite reality TV show?
My guilty pleasure is Keeping Up With the Kardashians.{I can't believe I just admitted that to the world.}
But if shows on HGTV count,
I love them all!

 6. Whats your favorite scent?
I love a lot of the Victoria's Secret scents such as
Love Potion. I also enjoy scents such as Enchanted from Bath & Body Works.
I prefer body sprays over perfumes. 

8. If you could choose a Hollywood starlet to raid their closet who would it be?
Rachel Bilson--
Except girlfriend would have to grow about a foot
and eat a few, make that a few hundred, hamburgers!!

9. Favorite color?
Purple.
Lighter purples, to be precise.

10. Favorite Disney Movie?
The Fox and the Hound.
Make me cry every time.
I told you I love dogs!

11. Whats one beauty product you can not live without?
After looking in the mirror,
I probably should be saying concealer.
Under eye circles run in the family.
However, I LOVE lip balms.
I recently discovered Nivea's A Kiss of Milk and Honey.
I don't know how I have gone so long without it in my life.

Alright, as if I have not made this post long enough...
Here are my 11 questions:
1.) What is your favorite movie?
2.)What is your favorite season of the year?
3.) What is your favorite restaurant?
4.) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5.) How do you describe your style?
6.) Do you have any pets?
7.) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8.) What has been your most embarrassing moment?
9.) What have you been most proud of in your life?
10.) If you could have lunch with one celebrity, who would it be?
11.) What is a blog that you read on a daily basis?

I have selected the following blogs to receive the award:

The Write Direction


Ladies,
tag!
You're it!


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun award!.. and I thought brown and black together was fashionable. Well at least in my world it is:) I've always loved that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this award! I started blogging back in July as well! This is my first blog award :) Just followed you, girl! Keep doing great things!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)