Friday, November 30, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. FAILED!

If you follow either Steph over at BEAUtiful mess
or
then you are probably well-aware of their
"Saw it. Pinned it. Did it." link-up.
Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

I've always wanted to take part in the link-up,
but it has just never worked out in my favor.

One week,
I saw this beautiful scarf on Pinterest.
cute DIY scarf.
http://www.rtroncampus.com/2011/11/23/diy-t-shirt-scarf/

Like any avid "pinner,"
I pinned that bad boy to my Need to Try board.
The results were what I like to call a failure.

Like I said, 
there was no way I was linking up that week.

Over Thanksgiving break--
and by break I mean "Amanda's constant work and homework time"--
I did some additional pinning.
I have been a little, okay, extremely tired and stressed lately.
So I decided to pin one of the DIY face masks that I found.
It sounded like a relaxing way to unwind after a long day on my feet. 
diy face mask
http://foodpluswords.com/2012/02/moisturizing-orange-face-mask/
 One evening,
I gathered the materials and decided to give Pinterest experiments another chance.
I am fairly certain my family was wondering what I was making for dessert...
or breakfast.
I thought the Mason jar would give it a bit more Pinterest flair
Preparing my face...
Applying the "mask"...
Voila?!?
There you have it, folks...
Another failed Pinterest attempt.
My mom's comment about my face mask was,
"You look like you have warts all over  your face."
Why, yes.
That is definitely what I was going for.
Feeling a bit defeated, 
I washed off the oatmeal mask,
then finished some Biochemistry homework by the crackling fire
and glowing Christmas tree--
all while my feet soaked in a warm tub.

 I guess my day didn't turn out so bad after all--
minus the Biochemistry!

P.S. This week I am linking up with a blog hop over at My Beautiful, Crazy Life.

4 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try a face mask on pinterest but I am too scared! lol I may just use your experience and chalk it up to that!

    I am so jealous of your foot massager! I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I very much appreciate your honesty about pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few of my friends have made that scarf from pinterest, it's so cute!:) I never do anything I pin, I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I think I'll stick with my Aveeno :P {I noticed that's what you use as well in the background lol}

    o well! {new follower :)}

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)