Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful for Pictures





 Question of the day:
How do you find the right words to describe a splendidly wonderful 5-day Thanksgiving weekend?
Answer:
You don't.
That's what pictures are for, silly!

My long weekend started off on the right foot after my yellow lab, Maggie, was at the front door--
awaiting my homecoming.
(No worries--I rewarded her loyalty by accompanying her on a Thanksgiving morning walk...
By the end of our walk,snow/sleet was pelting down on our faces like a thousand needles...
at least that's what it felt like.)
Like any other Thanksgiving, 
I was surrounded by family as I gorged myself with food....
that's how you know they love you unconditionally.
Saturday was my fourth celebration of a time of thanks.
(Read more about my first two here.)
I met the new addition to our family--
the precious baby I am cradling in my arms above, 
not the pup.
However, I figured I had better get used to the fact that I am more likely to have a future'
that consists of snuggling puppies than babies.
The word on the street is that you have to have a man to have a baby...
So puppies it is!

Happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Okay, explain the tortilla on your Thanksgiving plate to me! At least, I think it was a tortilla that I saw. :)

    Your holiday looks like it was very nice! Here's to CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha This made me laugh! The "tortilla" is lefse! It is a Scandinavian traditional food. My mom and grandma both make it for the holidays. You spread butter and sprinkle sugar on it and then roll it up! I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
    2. lol! Glad it had you laughing! ;) Thanks for that little clarification. It sounds very yummy. I love having traditional foods, especially at the holidays!

      Delete
  2. Aw I got to hang out with a baby over Thanksgiving too. My sister-in-law had a baby the day before Thanksgiving so that was a lot of fun! :)

    Love your foots too!!

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)