Friday, December 28, 2012

Four Eyes

 


 


All my life, I have been the girl blessed with excellent vision,
yet always wishing that my eyes would become poor so I could wear the latest trend of glasses.
I can recall being in the 3rd grade and a friend of mine wore a pair of fake glasses to school.
So I thought to myself,
"Aha! I don't actually have to have bad eyes to wear glasses."
The next time I went to Claire's I picked up a pair of fake glasses.
The catch?
My mom wouldn't allow me to ever wear them to my elementary school.
I think the first time I actually ended up wearing them was for my role in a high school play.
They were never quite the right shape for my face,
but I still enjoyed wearing them for the occassion.
As the years passed, I started to give up on my dream of sporting cute glasses.
All of the affordable fake glasses didn't look quite right on my face and the expensive ones
seemed silly for a girl who has no pressing need for them.
However, not long ago, Firmoo contacted me with the opportunity to test out a pair of glasses...
for free!
That's right, you heard me correctly.
FREE!
When I started this blog back in July,
I never imagined that I would encounter so many amazing opportunities,
including fullfilling my dreams of owning cute glasses.
Being the typical college student,
I wouldn't think of passing up a deal with the word "free" involved.
I couldn't wait to pick out my pair of glasses.
Recently, I have noticed many friends and bloggers wearing thicker frames--
which I love!
The look appears both smart and sophisticated which is something I desire in my area of study.
Firmoo was so great to work with.
As soon as I agreed to try a pair of glasses, I was given very helpful step-by-step instructions
on how to obtain my pair of glasses.
Firmoo is an online retailer that offers hundreds of glasses for affordable prices.
Even if you don't need prescription glasses (like myself),
you can choose any frame and select the non-prescription option.
I went to the website, www.firmoo.com, and selected this pair.
I couldn't believe how quickly they arrived in my mailbox--
that was even in the midst of the hectic holiday mailing season.
I was beyond impressed with how promptly I received them.
I had no idea I would also be receiving a case to store them in.
With my purse being as messy and heaping as it is,
the case was perfect for protecting my new glasses.
Though you can't tell by the pictures I posted,
the pair I selected has this incredible blue detailing on the sides.

In all honesty, I had a difficult time deciding on which pair of glasses to try.
There were so many great choices.
I loved the capability of being able to see the glasses on a photo of myself or a model,
with the Virtual Try-On System.
Since you can't actually try the glasses on in person,
this tool helped me determine what would look best for my oval face shape.
I browsed many of the choices and was very impressed with not only the selection available,
but also the prices.
I've always heard people complain about the cost involved with purchasing
new frames, but Firmoo had a wide variety with very affordable prices.

As if that is not enough reason to check out Firmoo,
I also discovered the First Pair Free program.
 New customers are able to pick out their first pair of glasses for free
and only pay the cost of shipping.
You can find out more about the program here.
While I am not familiar with many other glasses companies,
I have never heard of any other brand with this generous feature.

Both of my parents have started wearing glasses as they have gotten older.
If I inherit as many traits from them as I already have,
I imagine I will need prescription glasses in the future..
You can bet that Firmoo will be my first stop when selecting a pair of glasses.
It looks like my jealousy of people with cute glasses are in the past--
Thanks to Firmoo!





3 comments:

  1. Gosh girl, you look fabulous with glasses! I've always secretely wanted to have to wear them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just wrote a post about how, as a visually impaired person, I feel when people whose eyes work the way they are supposed to wear glasses for fun. But don't worry--it was inspired by my little sister who wears unnecessary glasses, and I'm at least halfway joking. :P It would be nice to just wake up and be able to see the world clearly, that's for sure.
    But most people do end up wearing glasses as they age, so you will most likely get your wish, sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)