Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Christmas Time in the City

Over the weekend,
my friend, Kacie and I ventured out into the 
rainy weather for some much needed Christmas shopping.
Don't tell my mom--
I may have told her that I would wait,
just in case the rain froze.
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

This was the first Christmas shopping
I had done for the season
and I was as giddy as a young child.
Every Christmas decoration I saw,
Every holiday song I heard
lit up my face with a huge smile.
Now that I am done with classes,
I was able to truly appreciate the beauty of the season
without a worry in the world.

Once the mall started getting crowded and
our stomachs began rumbling,
we decided to grab some lunch at Olive Garden.
 Every year I go Christmas shopping,
I always dine at Olive Garden
and I always get the Zuppa Toscana and salad.
I have to keep with my little tradition!


We didn't stay in the city too long.
I really didn't want to end up in the ditch along the interstate.
That interstate and I have a history...
rather, the ditch and I have a history.
So we drove home carefully and then it was time
for some gift wrapping.

If you are familiar with the beauty vlogger, Ingrid (aka MissGlamorazzi)
then you will understand why this mug, from Target, is especially adorable.
His name is Mr. Chilly!
I can't wait to give this present to a friend of mine.
My purchases...
minus a couple shirts for myself.
 
Ta-da!
I still need to purchase a couple items
and wrap a few more presents,
but overall I am very, very excited to give
these lovely packages to my friends and family.
Honestly, I get more thrills out of watching my friends
and family open the gifts I give them
than opening gifts for myself.

I really must be growing up!

Next on my to-do list:
Send Santa my greetings.

Dear Santa...

Scratch that growing up part...






2 comments:

  1. Ah I love wrapping presents! Loved all the pictures, and your writing style!

    XOXO Madeline

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)