Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sometimes I wonder...

...what people think of me when they see me driving down the street--
belting out the words to my favorite songs.
Today was one of those "belting out" kind of days.
Rarely a day goes by where I do not drive and sing at the same time.
I think it would practically be a sin to not sing when music is playing in the car.
God gave us a voice for a reason, right?!
I think that is precisely why I tend to play cd's as opposed to listen to the radio--
a girl can't sing to a song she doesn't know.
Cd's are a guarantee for knowing the words.
  Today I had my Kelly Clarkson cd blaring and as I was singing
to the song "Hello" on her latest album,
I looked over at the car next to me...
the old man gave me the strangest look.
Yes.
I am that girl.

I am also this girl.
There is no way that I am the only one.
I remember when I was younger and I 
did this All. The. Time.
In particular, I remember a trip
to the Black Hills with my family
(exotic South Dakota vacation, I know)
and half the trip I was listening to a Britney Spears cd and I kept
imagining myself in music videos to the songs.
I was a weird child.

In many ways I am still that weird kid.
If only you would have been with me at the Coldplay concert
back in August as I sang every word to every song--
completely off key.
Actually, now that I think of it, you can be there.

video

 If you can make it through my screeching voice,
then you are a true friend.
I think my voice cracked about 15 times in that short period of time.
It takes a lot out of one girl to give that much soul into every single song.
If you know me, you know I love my Coldplay.
Who would have guessed that same screaming girl once received
a superior on her solo performance at contest.
Mind blown.

I think my dignity may have gone down a couple notches
after posting that embarrassment.

But guess what really makes me sing.
My 21st birthday is exactly 1 week away!!!
Hooray!!
I have been brainstorming some ways to celebrate 
right here on my blog.
I was thinking I would maybe have a little giveaway.
What do you guys think?
Let me know in the comments section if you think that would
be a good idea and also offer any ideas of what you would like to be given away.
I am thinking of doing an "Amanda's Favorite Things" giveaway.

Well I am off to bed where there is no way
I can cause more embarrassment to my name.
Although, judging from the strange dreams I was having last week,
there is no telling what could happen once my head hits the pillow.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)