Thursday, January 31, 2013

*Count Your Blessings*SPD Thursday




Pinned to Amanda's "Need to Try" board
Originally from this site
 I came across the pin (original shown above) in December, 
while I was thinking about New Year's Eve.
I adore this idea.
We so frequently recall all of the terrible things that have happened throughout our year,
but how often do we take some time to stand back and count our blessings?
The description below the pin stated:
 
"Start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about good things that happen. On New Years Eve, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened that year" 

I couldn't wait to get started on this project!
I have been all about identifying the little things in my life lately.
Life is so much more fulfilling when you stop dwelling on the most minute details,
but rather, appreciating everything from a movie day with friends to an A on an exam.

I started off with these supplies.
Mason Jars are cute looking on their own,
but I wanted to jazz mine up a little bit 
with some scrapbook paper, stickers, and ribbon.

 I also cut-up assorted scrapbook paper to
write each "blessing" on.

Voila!
I used a smaller jar, spray painted it, and placed it next to the main jar.
The smaller jar is a nice way to organize the scrap paper.

I placed our jar on top of our big tv, in the living room.
It is in a convenient location so that my roommates and I never forget to 
"count our blessings."

As you can see,
we have already partially filled the jar.
So much to be thankful for!


Don't forget to check out the other pins that bloggers tackled this week.
I love the inspiration I receive from these ladies.



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love this and am totally stealing it from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! So fun! Yours turned out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this idea! I think I also saw in on Pinterest. I love how it makes you focus on the good things in life, because there are so many!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on pinterest, and your jar looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)