Friday, January 11, 2013

Juggling a Blog and School

 This week marked the beginning of my 6th semester of college...to save you from any extra math on the weekends, that means it is the Spring Semester of my Junior year. At the beginning of the week, I had anticipated having all of this extra leisure time during the week to fit in a few posts. However, after opening my agenda, I realized my schedule was full of meetings, work, registration, textbook purchases, more meetings, classes...you get the picture. Before I knew it, it was already Friday. 

Luckily, I have a treat for you guys today. One of my favorite bloggers, Shelby, is here to share some advice about staying organized as a student blogger. I have always loved her blog, Chasing Birdies, and it amazes me how consistent she is with her posts while managing her hectic high school schedule. I definitely could have used her advice this week while I was very unorganized with my blog. 
 
With that said, take it away, Shelby! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Faith Love Strength readers! I'm Shelby from Chasing Birdies. I'm so excited to be here today guest posting for Amanda. She is my featured sponsor this month, but I've known her for quite some time. She has always been one of my favorite bloggers to work with!

As you may already know, Amanda and I are both student bloggers. But while Amanda is college student, I am only a high school senior. Either way, it can be very difficult to juggle school work, a part-time job, friends, and a blog. I have just a few simple tips for keeping your life organized and finding the time to blog as well!

1. Keep a planner.

I don't think I'd be able to function without my weekly school planner! I write everything in it, and I mean everything. Homework. Upcoming tests. Extracurriculars. Work schedule. Sporting events. It's all written down and planned out to make sure I don't forget anything!








2. Schedule posts ahead of time.

Once school gets into full swing, I tend to do this a lot! I usually have some free time on the weekends, so I schedule 2-3 posts for the upcoming week. By doing this, you'll still be posting regularly, but you won't have to worry about your blog at all on those weeknights when you have a huge paper to write or calculus homework to finish!

3. Remember that school comes first.

Yes, I know it's more fun to write blog posts than do homework. However, it is important to remember what your priorities are. Education is extremely important, so never neglect your school work to spend hours blogging instead (even though I know we've all done that at least once before!).


I hope these tips help you become both a better student and a better blogger. Thank again, Amanda, for letting me guest post today!




3 comments:

  1. great post! school is very important but remember to break up that time with fun! i know sometimes homework gets a little overwhelming BUT i promise you will miss college life after you graduate! enjoy every minute and do your best!

    PS: i am a new follower!
    www.bethjoyridings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right! School should ALWAYS come first! Love your new layout though, so fun!

    You're so cute. Thanks for being inspiring and keeping people on track with what's important!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)