Thursday, January 24, 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. SUCCESS!

The past month or so, 
I have been going crazy with Pinterest projects. 
I made several Christmas gifts, New Year crafts,
and tried other clever suggestions from the creative site. 
If you remember my post from around Thanksgiving,
then you know that my Pinterest projects do not always go as planned. 
In fact, I have not been able to eat Greek Yogurt with honey since that last fiasco.
Maybe it is because I now associate it with chunky, honey scented gunk plastered onto my face...
My luck with Pinterest projects has been looking up since then, thankfully.
Today, I wanted to share the make-up brush holder that I made for both myself and as
a gift for my best friend, Kacie. 
I must admit, 
I actually discovered this project on YouTube before seeing it on Pinterest.
Sooo....this may not be a true "Saw it. Pinned it. Did it" post.
I am a bit obsessed with the YouTube beauty videos and blogs from 
Ingrid aka MissGlamorazzi,
which is where I first discovered this idea.  



I started with a burned-out candle. 
This particular one was from the Walmart candle section.

Then, I followed the Modge Podge steps with some glitter 
that I also purchased in the Walmart craft section.

After allowing the holder to dry a couple days,
I shook out any loose glitter into the trash can.
Then I filled the holder about half full with decorative filler.
I found my purple filler in the wedding decor section of Hobby Lobby.
(I could live in that store and Target and be one happy young lady.)
For the holder I made for myself, 
I filled it with my brushes. 
However, for the gift for Kacie,
I purchased some brushes from the Elf line at Target.
I have always had great luck with these brushes in the past
and to top it all off, they are quite affordable.



Here is the one I made for my vanity area.
I have been using it for over a month
and I love the style and organizational aspects it brings to the area.



 
 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It makes me want to start burning my candles just so i can do this project! I love the purple filler you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I love your blog too :)) I'm going to totally have to try this, and i love the elf brushes cause they are so cheap! i bought the brush set with like 15 different ones for 10 dollars and they work just as good!

    Gonna need to use this on my old candles this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love how these turned out! I need to start doing things I see on Pinterest more often :)

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that DIY. And LOVE your blog design via Aubrey. :) Happy to be your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)