Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Respect for Chefs

When I was younger, I sort of thought that chefs looked cool in their attire.
You know,
characters like Kate in No Reservations
made me feel that way.
No Reservations
Now I have decided that it is likely just because Catherine Zeta-Jones
is ridiculously gorgeous that she is able to pull off a chef jacket like so.
This semester, I am enrolled in a class called Quantity Foods.
As if purchasing two textbooks was not hard enough on my checkbook,
we were also required to purchase a chef's coat, baseball cap, and black non-stick work shoes.
 Instead of feeling as if I am a top chef in this jacket,
I look more like I belong in the movie Risky Business. 
It's rather baggy.

Now, I must admit, I am usually all in favor of a new pair of shoes.
In fact, whenever I see shoes on sale, 
I have a difficult time passing them by.
However, when it comes to ugly, black shoes that I will never, ever wear again (like ever)
I possess very little motivation to purchase them.
That is probably why I waited until the last minute to buy these.
Take a look for yourself.

Super cute, huh?
Well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
I guess they only set me back $18.01.
Thank you, Payless.
So the moral of the story is that I now have more respect for the people
who prepare my food and the ugly clothing they are required to wear.
Hats off to you...
or in this case, shoes off to you...
because I can't wait to get these babies off my feet!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your kind words :)