Thursday, March 21, 2013

SPD: Modge Podge=Crafter's BFF


It has been quite some time since I have taken part in the Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.  Link-up...
In fact, it has just been a long time since I have blogged, in general.
Needless to say, 
I have missed sharing my latest projects and becoming inspired by the 
posts of the creative ladies in the blogging world. 

A couple of months ago, I was on a Pinning rampage.
I ate, drank and slept Pinterest.
(Which is quite possible when you think about it...)
I was inspired by the following fabric, Modge Podged letters:

Pin to: Need to Try
Original Post

 

At the same time, I had a ton of scrapbook pieces laying around
from another one of my projects.
So I decided to use these scraps and modify the original fabric pin.
Resourceful.

For my rendition, you will need:
-Scrapbook paper
-Scrapbook scissors with fun edges
-Modge Podge
-Sponge Brush (for applying Modge Podge)
-Cardboard Paper letters (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)

 
Cut the scrapbook paper into strips, or various sizes, with the fun scissors. 
In sections of the cardboard letter, brush Modge Podge onto the letter and 
place the scrapbook paper on top. 
Continue to cover the cardboard letter (like a collage)
until all surfaces are covered.
As you go, cover the scrapbook paper with a layer of Modge Podge.
This will help seal the paper onto the cardboard and create a shiny finished product.


 
Allow the finished product to dry completely, for several hours. 
 
Finally, display the letters where you can admire them.
Voila!
For my letters, I used my initials and have them displayed on my desk.
Another idea would be to spell a short word with your letters.
Be sure to repin my rendition from my Bloggin' Pinterest board
and also link up with Beautiful Mess and Keep Calm & Carry On
for this week's Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n5OnhxEZV4A/UUsGUmuGU-I/AAAAAAAAO0M/6lB7FYWlqf4/s1600/SPDButton2.jpg

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with mod podge letters..I've made them probably about 5 times for different things:) Such an easy way to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {love} these and wish I would have seen them a couple of weeks ago as they would have been perfect for this months cara box-as the theme was intials. ;)
    Yours turned out darling. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)