Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby, I'm Back

Yesterday, I was lounging on the couch in my hometown
and I flipped the channel to Food Network...naturally.
All we dietetics students seem to think about is food, after all.
Well, was I in for a treat.
The Pioneer Woman was on at that very moment.
I must admit, I had never actually seen her cooking show until then,
but every blogger and her dog has heard of the Pioneer Woman.
 Seriously.
 
I sat there and watched for awhile.
Tres Leche Cake was on the menu for this episode.
While reminiscing about my own experience with scarfing down
half a cake a piece of the Hispanic delicacy while on my Mission
Trip in Tijuana, I couldn't help but recall how excited I was to blog about the experience.
Which got me thinking about blogging in general.
 
I have missed blogging.
 
There. I said it.
 
I have missed the refreshing perspective blogging gives me.
I have missed finding the extraordinary in the ordinary through writing blog posts.
I have missed having a special place where I can someday look back at all of my life experiences.
I have missed being a part of this community of strong, beautiful female bloggers.

I guess the solution is pretty simple:
Just blog, gosh darn it!
 
I've told myself the last month. "No one probably reads my blog anyway"
or "Why would anyone care about the life of a South Dakota girl?"
Then, after spending my day in front of a computer screen, 
the last place I want to end up is in front of a computer again at home.
However, blogging is my "me" time.
It is where I become inspired to create and share.
It's all of those things above and more. 


Cheers to being back in the blogosphere.
This time, I think I am here to stay!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So excited you are back! Blogging can easily become such a huge part of your life that it feels overwhelming at times, but I don't think I could ever give it up for good at this point!

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind words :)